High Performance Stream
Do you dream of competing for Canada in the Olympics or Paralympics?
A big part of our job at Triathlon Canada is to make sure the right systems and supports are in place to allow our high-performance athletes to excel in Olympic/Paralympic competition or at the professional/elite international level. Our National Performance Centre’s world-class training facilities, coaching and sports science staff are key to everyone’s success. We are also responsible for talent identification, National Team selection and National Training Camps and clinics.
Find out more about the High Performance Stream
Do you dream of competing alongside the best athletes in our nation and supporting Canada in the Olympics or Paralympics? Triathlon Canada’s high-performance Olympic and Paralympic Pathway follows a long-term athlete development model.
Provincial sport organizations and local clubs are the main drivers for athletes across Canada striving to enter our high-performance Pathway. In order to ensure standards are the same across the nation, Triathlon Canada has created performance standards that must be met by all Canadian athletes before they can progress to the next level.
If you are a young athlete with the drive, determination and dream of being a part of our Triathlon Canada Nation’s National Team, and if you are between 14 and 19 years of age and your standards are similar to the ones listed in the age category below, we would like to introduce you to our Olympic pathway.
If you are close to meeting these Olympic standards in the Olympic pathway below please contact your provincial sport organization or Triathlon Canada’s High-Performance Director, Eugene Liang .
Entering into the Para-triathlon world is dependent on previous sport experience. Triathlon Canada seeks to recruit athletes with high-performance sport backgrounds into its Paralympic pathway. If you are a Paralympian from another sport or you have competed in elite para-sports, we want to meet you.
If you are close to meeting these Olympic standards in the Olympic pathway above or you have a high-performance para-sport background, please contact your provincial sport organization or Triathlon Canada’s High-Performance Director, Eugene Liang .
Policies and Selections
- 2017 Triathlon Canada WTS Hamburg Mixed Relay Team Selection Policy
- 2017 National Team Athlete Agreement
- 2017 National Triathlon Canada CAMTRI Junior Championships Selection Policy
- 2017 Triathlon Canada CAMTRI NA JNR Selection Policy
- 2017 Triathlon Junior World Championships Selection Policy
- 2017 Triathlon Canada U23 World Championships Selection Policy
- 2017 Triathlon Canada WC Selection Policy
- 2017 Triathlon Canada WTS and WTS GF Selection Policy
- 2017 Triathlon Canada World Paratriathlon Series & Paratriathlon World Championships Selection Policy
- 2018 AAP Para-triathlon Selection Policy
- 2018 AAP Triathlon Selection Policy
- 2018 Commonwealth Games Internal Nomination Process: Triathlon
- 2018 Commonwealth Games Internal Nomination Process: Paratriathlon
- Triathlon Canada Appeals
Eugene Liang, High Performance Director | T: 250-412-1795 ext 228 |
Triathlon Canada Nation. We can. We will.
The official start line for triathlon in Canada, leading some on a path to the podium and inspiring others to achieve their personal best.
121 - 1925 Blanshard St.
V8T 4J2 Telephone: 250.412.1795
Office Hours: Daily 09:00 – 17:00 (PST)