Creating a safe training and competitive environment for all members of the Triathlon Canada Nation is Triathlon Canada’s number one priority. The information below details the mechanisms in place for reporting and escalating a case or concern. To contact Triathlon Canada directly please email or call (250) 412-1795.
Process for Reporting
Triathlon Canada takes reports of misconduct very seriously. Over the coming months we will be working hard to continue to develop a safe, fair and anonymous reporting structure for the Triathlon Canada Nation that not only complies with the Safe Sport Movement that has taken shape in Canada, but sets the bar to which others in the sport environment strive. Respect, accountability and resilience are our fundamental core team values for this organization, and we strongly believe in living our values.
A more detailed outline of the following process can be found in the Triathlon Canada Discipline and Complaints Policy. The following is a condensed summary of the reporting steps.
- Any individual may report an incident or complaint to Triathlon Canada via our Case Manager in writing.
- All reported incidents are handled by a designated third party Case Manager (see below).
- The Case Manager will determine how the case is handled depending on the severity of the allegations.
All reports will be handled first by Triathlon Canada’s designated third party Case Manager:
Organization: Integrity Group
Case Manager: Heather MacKenzie
Phone: (604) 689-4244
Reports should be submitted in writing to Integrity Group. Complete and submit FORM A provided below, or an equivalent written explanation of the issue.
If the alleged incident is determined NOT to include an element of discrimination, harassment, violence or abuse it will be considered a minor infraction and the case will be handled by Triathlon Canada’s Discipline Chair.
- Disrespectful conduct
- Minor incidents of violence (tripping, pushing etc.)
- Conduct contrary to the values of Triathlon Canada
- Non-Compliance with Triathlon Canada’s policies, procedures, rules or regulations
- Minor violations of Triathlon Canada’s Code of Conduct and Ethics
If the alleged incident is determined to contain an element of discrimination, harassment, violence, or abuse the Case Manager MUST appoint an independent third party such as the Sport Dispute Resolution Center of Canada (SDRCC) to investigate the complaint. Triathlon Canada must also adhere to any reporting requirements mandated by the federal government.
- A conviction for any Criminal Code offense
- Major incidents of violence (e.g., fighting, attacking, sucker punching)
- Major or repeated violations of Triathlon Canada’s Code of Conduct and Ethics
- Pranks, jokes, or other activities that endanger the safety of others
- Conduct that intentionally interferes with a competition or with any athlete’s preparation for a competition
- Conduct that intentionally damages Triathlon Canada’s or its partner’s or sponsor’s image, credibility, or reputation
- Consistent disregard for Triathlon Canada’s bylaws, policies, rules, and regulations
- Intentionally damaging Triathlon Canada’s property or improperly handling Triathlon Canada’s monies
- Abusive use of alcohol, any use or possession of alcohol by minors, or use or possession of illicit drugs and narcotics
- Any possession or use of banned performance enhancing drugs or methods
- Repeated minor incidents
SDRCC Help Line
The Sport Dispute Resolution Centre of Canada (SDRCC) has launched a national toll-fee sport helpline to offer assistance to victims or witnesses of harassment, abuse or discrimination. The anonymous, confidential and independent service will allow them to share and validate their concerns, obtain advice on required next steps, and be referred to other appropriate resources for follow up.
The Canadian Sport Helpline, funded by the Government of Canada, is a listening and referral service monitored by live operators from 8 am to 8 pm Eastern time, 7 days a week. Users will have a choice of communicating via a toll-free phone line, email, text or live chat, in the official language of their choice.
Phone/Text: 1-888-83-SPORT (77678)
Triathlon Canada Nation. We can. We will.
The official start line for triathlon in Canada, leading some on a path to the podium and inspiring others to achieve their personal best.
121 - 1925 Blanshard St.
Canada V8T 4J2
Office Hours: Daily 09:00–17:00(PST)